This is one project i have been working on. They are called Monk bags or Harvest bags. They are worn slung over your shoulder and I am making them in all sorts of designs, some with embroidery and some with nothing. They are fun and I even made myself one that I use in school.
For a while, I have been making key fobs. I LOVE these and I even started to embroider them with initials. Fun fun fun!
One more thing I have been working my butt off on are these rockabilly head wraps. I have done so well with these that they are even going to be put into a shop in Tulsa, OK!!!
So, as you can see, I have been busy. Not to mention, now it's summertime and I have time with my boys before school starts up again. For them and me as well. Also, hubby is doing his schooling as well. We are a busy busy family.I am going to start focusing on my nursing career mixed with my crafting career as a subject here. There are many people out there who are starting up a new career or going back to school. Maybe I can help someone.
So, I want to share some experience in nursing school. Maybe a few wise words and bits of advice for someone just starting or for someone who is feeling lost in the whole new world of nursing school.
1. Step one is to be prepared. Be prepared the fist day. Be prepared EVERY day. Before school starts, have everything you are going to need for the semester. If you are going to have clinicals and need scrubs, have them. Have all the books you are required to have. Some teachers even suggest optional books as well. In my opinion, there is no optional. The more information you have to reference, the better you are. Have a good school bag! Have a bag that is going to hold your heavy books. Bring your books EVERY DAY. I can't tell you how many times people have come to class unprepared. This is just disrespectful. To your classmates as well as to your teachers. Many teachers will often have open book quizzes (even though they may tell you they never will). What better way to get an easy "A" than to BRING YOUR BOOK!. Seems a simple solution, but again, you would be surprised how many people show up not prepared.
2. Nursing school is crazy. BE ORGANIZED. Get yourself an organizer AND USE IT! I spent my first semester in college (before my actual nursing classes) kinda lost. Being out of school for so long and living in the "real world" I felt that I could easily keep myself together. Boy was I wrong! I got myself an organizer, started USING IT, and since then I have been able to keep my day to day organized. I have been able to manage work, school, studying and I have even been able to make a little time for "me". This is important!
So... these are my top two tips for today. Now I have incentive to come back and post again! So, that's all for now lovelies. I hope I can be of some help to someone.
.jpg)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment