This will be the *mumblemumbleblahblah insert random number here* blog I have started and sworn that I will keep up with. But considering the feats I have managed over the past year, I am going to start this again.
First off... a little about me...
I am a mother of 4 BEAUTIFUL boys, well, young men now. My oldest, Robert, is 17 and a senior in High School, Ryan is 15, Frankie is 12 and Matty is 9. I have a husband, Alex, who is my biggest fan and my cheering section. He is also the thorn in my side sometimes. But hey, it makes life interesting right? I am the mother to three beautiful dogs as well. A gorgeous and voluptious Austrailian Shepard, Oi, a skittish and camera shy Border Collie mix, Shadow, and a Chihuahua, Tattoo. He is the boss of all.
If all that wasn't enough, I am a full time nursing student and I work as a CNA in a nursing home. I suffer from Fibromyalgia and CFS so some days are more of a challenge for me than others. I am also a "plus size" girl. This is something I have only recently began to accept, mostly because of some wonderful women I have had come across recently.
Wait, im not done! I also find time to sew and craft! I am frugal and LOVE LOVE LOVE shopping at thrift stores and the clearance rack! In fact, usually if I can't get it on sale, cant get it thrifted or cant get free shipping, I wont buy it.
I am a self proclaimed clothes whore. I LOVE to buy clothes! Granted, I live in a part of the country where the importance of clothes is to KEEP WARM. Our winters here are brutal and last forever! BRRrrrrrrrrr!!! But this doesn't stop me from buying wonderful clothes when I can get my hands on them.
I LOVE retro 20's-50's. I have an eclectic mix of things throughout my house from these era's. I also love Glitter. Love is not even the word. My husband laughs because I am quickly distracted by someting sparkly at the store!
What else is there about me... oh yes... I love guns. I love shooting. And I love hunting (though I have only been once). I love old movies, mostly musicals, and I love living in the U.P. (Thats the Upper Peninsula of Michigan for those of you who dont know). I feel at home here, a transplanted Yooper. More about that later though.
Well, that is a little about me and my world. Where is my focus? Not exactly sure yet. A little of everything I suppose. I will share my frugal finds with you. I will share my latest crafting creations with you. I will share life as a Yooper with you. I will share my journey with you. Because even though I am 35 years young, my journey, in many ways, is just beginning.
No comments:
Post a Comment